Portobello Market, Notting Hill!
Notting Hill, London, United Kingdom
DescriptionThis is a room in a shared flat
At the top of Portobello Market, this flat overlooks busy market days, but manages to stay super quiet. Come visit the market, the bohemian atmosphere of one of West London´s busy attractions. Tour locations filmed in the Hugh Grant film Notting Hill and experience a great mix of West London lifestyle.
This flat is perfect for exploring London, will being able to return home to a great little neighbourhood in itself. Alternately funky and posh, Notting Hill/Portobello is an amazing melting pot of traditional west Indian, eccentric locals, tourists, Spanish, and young + up and coming city workers.
You’ll love this amazing part of London, with Banksy art around every corner, The Notting Hill Carnival, the antique market, and other locations popularised by Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts’ Notting Hill film. There’s quite a posh nightclub spot called Supperclub around the corner – a fun night out. Westfield Shopping Centre (in American, read: “the mall”) for some shopping is a quick tube or bus away.
Your host is Robin, a Canadian working all across the city on all kinds of crazy projects. I’m in my early thirties and am just getting started on this site. I’m keen to share the great times I’ve had here in London and look forward to touring the city with visitors and new friends. (Or if you prefer, I can leave you to your own devices.)
And of course, there’s a few things in the room and flat that will make your London experience more comfortable:
• Local info pack:
• Washing machine (great after a few days/weeks of travel)
• Iron and Ironing Board
• Kettle and Coffee and Tea
• Microwave oven, toaster, oven, range, dishwasher, refrigerator, etc, etc, etc
• Feel free to use the stereo – there’s no TV, so you’re forced to get out into the city! Although if you’re tech-savvy, I’m sure you’ll be able to figure out how to use the WiFi to get some TV up and running.
• The cleaner comes every Wednesday, so it’s nice and refreshed for you to visit.
• I have a local mobile phone for you to borrow if yours won’t work while travelling.
• You’ll need an A2Z map book for touring around...and I have a couple for you.
NOTE: This is a 2 bedroom flat, but I will be in one of the bedrooms. Only 1 double bedroom is available.
• Ladbroke Grove Tube Station (Circle Line + Hammersmith and City Line), only 3 minutes walk.
• Holland Park Tube Station (Central Line), south on Ladbroke Grove, about 10-15 minute walk.
• Notting Hill Gate Tube Station (Central Line), a convenient 52/452 bus or 10-15 minute walk south
• Kensal Green Station (London Overground), a 10-15 minute walk north reaches a convenient overland train across the top of the city, running to Euston.
• Kensal Rise Station (London Overground), a quick 52/452 bus north reaches a convenient overland train across the top of the city, running to West Hampstead, Camden Town and Stratford
• Direct bus to Victoria train and coach station, and easy tubes to any other plane and train landing spot.
• A great set of buses, if trains and tubes aren’t enough!
• 7 (Little Venice, Oxford Street, Soho, British Museum...)
• 23 (Little Venice, Oxford Street, Regent Street, Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden, Saint Paul Cathedral, Tate Modern, Brick Lane, Spitalfields Market...)
• 52 (Kensington Palace, High Street Kensington, Royal Albert Hall, Exhibition Road, Knightsbridge, Harrod´s, Hyde Park Corner, Green Park, Buckingham Palace)
• 70 (Kensington Palace, High Street Kensington, Royal Albert Hall, National History Museum, Science Museum, Victoria & Albert Museum...)
• 228 (Holland Park, Westfield Shopping Centre...)
• 295 (Westfield Shopping Centre, Stamford Bridge...)
• 316 (Westfield Shopping Centre, Hampstead...)
• 452 (Kensington Palace, High Street Kensington, Royal Albert Hall, Exhibition Road, Knightsbridge, Harrod´s, Sloane Square, Battersea Park, Chelsea...)
Common Questions and Answers
Q: Is it easy to access main attractions of London from your place?
A: Yes, easy! Easy transport links make it great
t is very easy. We are located in an excellent area, with a bus stop 10 metres walk away and a tube stop only 2 mins walk away. From either of these two transport options you can be in town within 20 minutes.
Q: Is it situated in a safe neighborhood if we wish to get back to the place at late night?
A: Notting Hill and Portobello are completely safe now, and very well lit. (Although the metal shutters that the shops have put up for the Notting Hill Carnival in September can be a bit disconcerting!). Of course, be careful as you would in your own city or town.
Q: Towels and Linen are included?
A: Of course!
|Number of Bedrooms1|
|Minimum of Nights3|
|Cancellation Policy7 days|